Activities and results
Results of Energy Efficiency Agreements from years 2008-2012
industries ● municipal sector ● property and building sector
Annual impact of implemented measures at end of 2012
- savings of heating energy and fuels 5.85 TWh
- electricity savings 2.25 TWh
- savings in energy costs EUR 344 million
- carbon dioxide emissions reduced by 2.5 million tonnes
The savings equal 2.1% of Finland’s total energy consumption (378 TWh in 2012).
Of realised energy savings reported:
- 73 % in industry
- 20 % in energy production
- 7 % in other sectors.
Subsidies and investments in 2008–2012:
- Energy subsidies granted: EUR 59.9 million
- for energy audits EUR 8.5 million
- for energy-saving investments EUR 51.4 million
Total of approx. EUR 490 million in investments reported for implementation of savings measures.
- 34 % in industry
- 46 % in energy production
- 10 % in municipal sector
- 10 % in other agreement sectors.
Annual results of Energy Efficiency Agreements are available only in finnish.
Viimeksi päivitetty: 28.04.2014